Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Wireless mouse not working with laptop.

This is a discussion on Wireless mouse not working with laptop. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Two days ago, my wireless mouse stopped working with my laptop after working fine for several months. I changed the

Old 06-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Two days ago, my wireless mouse stopped working with my laptop after working fine for several months. I changed the battery, but it made no difference. I don't know what to do next. I would appreciate any help that you can give me, because I am severely, technically disadvantaged and I intensely dislike using the touchpad on my laptop. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi Citlali welcome to TSF,

do any other usb devices work on your laptop? have you tried hooking your mouse to another computer to test if its the mouse or computer?

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

I am not using any other USB devices on my computer and I have not tried the mouse on another computer because I am staying in a motel and I am not sure whether or not there is another computer anywhere close.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
ROG Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2008

My System

Hello Citlali,

Well without being able to rule out eather your USB ports or your mouse... i would go for the least expensive change, aka your mouse. go to a shop and buy a new one see if that will fix it.

But i would strongly suggest you try your wireless mouse on another computer so we can rule out the chance that its your computer and not the mouse.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

well we need to know if it a usb problem or the mouse thats the only way i know to test. does this mouse have sync button to sync it to the reciever?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Registered Member

I don't know if the mouse has a sync button or not. Where would it be? I will go to the office here and see if management knows if there is anyone else here with a computer.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

probably on the bottom of the mouse. what is the make and model of the mouse? ask them if they can try your mouse on thier office computer