Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Why does my headset beep frequently?

This is a discussion on Why does my headset beep frequently? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just recently bought a Turtle Beach Earforce X11 headset that works with both the Xbox 360 and PC/Laptop. I've

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just recently bought a Turtle Beach Earforce X11 headset that works with both the Xbox 360 and PC/Laptop. I've been using it on my laptop and while both the mic/earphones work, there's a beeping noise that makes itself present when I plug in the earphone jack. Do note that I'm using an HP laptop with two earphone jacks and one mic jack. The headset came with one earphone jack and mic jack. I tried recording something with the headset and whenever I played it back, my voice was heard perfectly fine but a beeping noise was heard in the background and it was quite loud.

I've tested the headset with my iPod and no beeping is heard then. Any idea as to what may be the problem?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W7 reinstalling headset on each reboot
Hi all, using: W7x64 Logitech G930 Asus G73JW-A1 Every time I reboot the computer with the headset transmitter plugged in Windows installs a new copy of the Logitech G930 Wireless Headset. Sometimes I have 20 copies of the headset in Control Panel / Devices, with each device decremented...
winaje Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 04-10-2011 06:11 AM
beep beep beep...video card problem?
Hello, I am having a problem wherein when I boot up my PC, it gives out 1 long beep then 2 short ones, then repeats this sequence of beeps endlessly, the beeps are high frequency. I have an AwardBIOS manufactured by Phoenix and I've read from here that this corresponds to a video card problem,...
truestrength Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 04-08-2011 05:25 AM
Issue Wireless Headset works with Phillips 32PFL5332D not with other TV
Issue: The audio of Wireless Headset auvio 33-282 900MHz Stereo Digital Wireless Headphones : Headphones | RadioShack.com does work at the same time with regular TV speakers with Phillips 32PFL5332D. This model Phillips 32PFL5332D the headset and TV speakers produce audio at the same time. ...
rentonhighlands Home Theater 0 03-22-2011 07:57 PM
Headset Mic not picking up my voice.
So I recently got a new headset, it's just a cheap logitec 30$ headset that I've purchased before and never had any problem with. It worked perfectly fine on my old computer, got a new computer about a week after buying the headset and now it won't pick up my voice at all unless I speak VERY...
stonemagnet13 Sound Cards 1 02-20-2011 11:32 AM
No Sound from Microphone part of USB headset
Hello, I am setting up a USB headphone/microphone with my PC and I can not get the microphone to work, although the headphone function does. It is a "Freedom FreeTalk" headset. I can not hear any recording when I try it with the sound recorder located under "Accessories" in the start menu (I have...
NeferKheprj Other Hardware Support 8 01-13-2011 06:53 PM