Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Very important - urgent help needed

708 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  rbalaji 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Please tell me how to make myself invisible on a wireless home network (password protected). I don't want my housemates to see me when I m connected or online as I think they can see me on some network connections window on their computer. Please help!

Thank you

#2 ·
I don't think that is possible. If they can access the router directly (log into the router administration page), then they will always be able to see who else is logged into that router. If you install a good firewall like zonealarm, you can set it up so that they can not see you without logging into the router (it is called stealth mode in zone alarm), but if they have access to the router administration page, then all bets are off.

#12 ·
You always need to be careful whether or not you have a firewall. But for now, it looks like your firewall is protecting you from whoever is trying to get into your machine. Be vigilant, keep a lookout for anything strange happening on the computer and use common sense in terms of not revealing personal information like passwords to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.