Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Vaio won't connect to internet!!?

This is a discussion on Vaio won't connect to internet!!? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and was hoping someone could help me out with my laptop. I have a 5

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and was hoping someone could help me out with my laptop.

I have a 5 (or more...) year old Sony Vaio (the model is PCG-641R), that besides a few issues here and there, runs wonderfully since I just use it for word documents, and internet browsing, and it gets used infrequently since I have a desktop as well.

Well, I was using it just fine abroad...it would connect flawlessly to whatever internet I wanted it to connect to (mainly unsecured networks...), but when I brought it back home, it would connect to my home internet, but the internet would not actually work.

I've been trying for weeks now with different internet connections, and it always connects (with "very good" connection), but it will not actually let me access the internet.

I am hoping there is just something stupid that I am doing incorrectly...can anyone help out?

Oh yeah...i have a belkin wireless Pre-N notebook network card (its removable). My brother told me to reinstall the software for it, but I dont know where the CD is!

thanks!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

Hi, and welcome to TSF!

Run this command in the run box (Start > Run...) exactly as shown. You may copy and paste it over instead of re-typing it.
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe netshell.dll,StartNCW
Follow the steps in the Wizard and see if you can connect to the internet.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for the response!! Unfortunately it didn't work though...I mean, i don;t think it was trying to connect any differently than how I was trying to connect, cause it seemed like it was trying to access MSN through my wireless...

any other possibilities?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

Try connecting to the router via a wire even though the wireless connection says its fine. See if you get a different result.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

Wow! This is great. I had the exact same problem and connecting to the router by cable worked. Thanks so much