Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Vaio shut down during restore to factory settings - Operation system not found

This is a discussion on Vaio shut down during restore to factory settings - Operation system not found within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help. Got to loan a new Sony Vaio from a friend , because my Mac was at the shop

Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Please help.
Got to loan a new Sony Vaio from a friend , because my Mac was at the shop for repair.
Now i'm about to give the Vaio back and thought of deleting my documents and personal stuff by 'restoring to factory settings' (found on this forum; ALT + F10).
Now did the laptop turn of due to no charge, in the middle of the process.

Now when i plugged it, and tried to start the laptop; this message pops up:
OPERATiNG SYSTEM NOT FOUND.

Please help. The laptop doesn't seem to work because there's no Windows recognized? (Sorry i'm no computer hero). The plan was to give the laptop back tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your help, i appreciate it.

kind Regards,
Celine

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Enthusiast

never attempt to run factory recovery on battery power. It should be possible to run factory recovery again, this time with the laptop plugged into the mains power socket.

You could have securely deleted your files without such a drastic measure, by using a "shredder" utility like Eraser: Eraser

That would not have affected Windows at all.

PS. I hope your friend didn't have any important stuff of his own on the laptop, becaused if he did you've wiped it off.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via AIM to Techie19
As pip22 mentioned, run recovery again, this time with the charger plugged in. The operation system not found message is because the restore was interrupted.
Passionate about IT. Been troubleshooting, repairing and building computers since 2006. Currently hold an Associate in Arts Degree in Computer Information Systems. Also currently pursuing the CompTIA A+ certification. Career goal and dream is to become a System Admin or Network Admin.
Techie19 is offline   Reply With Quote