Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Using RECOVERY DISK to reimage with my toshiba satellite A105 - S361

This is a discussion on Using RECOVERY DISK to reimage with my toshiba satellite A105 - S361 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I have the Recovery disk, so that's not a problem. I just don't know how to access it. I

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi.

I have the Recovery disk, so that's not a problem. I just don't know how to access it. I am planning to reimage my laptop. I have tried holding down "f12" while starting it, but it does not bring me to the appropriate page. Safe mode does not do anything. I have googled for hours, but I am not quite sure what I'm looking for. I need help bad! in short.. here's my question:

With my Toshiba satellite A105-A361, how can I reimage it using the recovery disk that came with it?

I really appreciate all your help ahead of time.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Registered Member

You are talking about doing the factory setup right? Yeah, when you start it, the Toshiba logo should come up. correct? Then, just press F12. Don't hold it. You should get a boot menu. with the recovery disk IN THE CD/DVD DRIVE, select CD/DVD-ROM in the boot menu. If you can't, set the boot order in Bios to make CD/DVD first, then HDD and blah blah. Pop the recovery disk in the tray, and restart. GL.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Older Toshiba's have a funny screen with pictures on them - and a little highlighted underline under them. Use the cursor keys to move the underline to the CD picture (it's the 2nd from the left on my M45).
Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

Usasma, that's exactly right. I figured that, and several times went through all the four options available.

afterward the CD option is highlighted (orange line underneath), I click "enter". The screen goes black for a quick moment (with an underscore in the top-left corner), and then starts up normally, greeting my with my "system security"-contaminated desktop. It's as if the recovery disk was completely ignored.