Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

usb ports not working on laptop

This is a discussion on usb ports not working on laptop within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have 3 usb ports on my gateway nv55c laptop and only 1 port works

Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have 3 usb ports on my gateway nv55c laptop and only 1 port works

Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF please check in device manager for any error flags ie yellow ! or red x

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USB Mouse Not Working on Laptop
I have an HP G6000 notebook that is working fine except that when I try to connect certain USB Mouse devices to it they are not installed correctly. The installation routine starts as normally but always ends up saying that the device has not been installed successfully. Strangely, one wirelss...
alfarom Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 11-14-2011 08:30 AM
Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online
Computer: Laptop, Samsung r780. OS: Windows 7 64-Bit I have a wireless mouse and USB headphones that worked fine up until a few days ago when they both periodically stopped functioning. 2 days ago they stopped functioning entirely. They work on other computers and nothing connecting to a USB...
Zhei Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 11-14-2011 08:29 AM
USB Ports not working???
All 3 of my USB ports stopped working on my Acer Aspire 5100, they used to work fine with my phone and Ipod. Now whenever i plug something in, even my printer, it says "device not recognized". However, when I plug in my Ipod it charges, but the charging screen doesn't show up. I've tried...
meaganmcole Other Hardware Support 8 08-22-2011 03:49 PM
Why can't I link video via laptop usb to HTDV usb?
I can burn a video file to USB stick and then insert that stick in my new HDTV's usb port, and the television recognises and plays the file. So it seems reasonable that a wireless (perfect) or wired (ok too) connection could be made to stream the content. No? I keep looking at the USB wifi...
frascati Networking Support 3 04-16-2011 01:12 PM
USB port/s working on and off
I have a Toshiba Satellite A600, it's a week old (Christmas present), and I've had trouble with the usb ports from about the second or third day of usage (which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous as the thing is brand new). The only things I plug into my laptop are my wireless mouse, my usb...
helenb Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 01-02-2011 03:05 AM