Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

USB port not reading devices.

This is a discussion on USB port not reading devices. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 with Window XP Home operating system. Not sure if I am posting in

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 with Window XP Home operating system. Not sure if I am posting in the right category. Hopefully you guys can help. Recently all of my USB ports have not been able to read any of the devices I plug into it. That includes my mouse, printer, mp3 player, and flash drive.

I was able to charge the battery on my iPod shuffle, and my flash drive lights up when I do plug it in, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the power being supplied to each port. But the computer just does not react when I do plug in any of those devices.

I also checked the device manager, and looked at each USB root hub's status and it says that each port is working properly. All drivers are updated.

I'm not computer savvy, so I have no idea how to fix this problem. I've googled and searched everywhere and can't find anything really with my specific problem. Do you guys have any thoughts? Suggestions?

I would really appreciate it!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

Hi, and welcome to TSF!

First, check to see if Windows will recognize the devices if you scan for new hardware. Go to Start > (Settings) > Control Panel > Add Hardware

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VISTA drivers all
Greetings with a great respect to you all, I've found a site supporting vista drivers to plenty of hardwares and it may be of help, I hope you try it these hardware Such as: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter Atheros AR5005GS Wireless...
Abdurrahman Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 05-03-2007 07:52 AM
Usb 2.0 trouble again
Hi, i have created a similar post to this, however, things on my pc have changed since then. At the moment, my usb 2.0 drives arnt working correctly, i get the generic message saying "ure usb device can run faster etc" i have freshly installed SP2 and my motherboard is an Asus P4S800MX-SE
steviedee Driver Support 25 12-16-2006 11:37 PM
reboot loop
Guys. heres what I have. Motherboard with onboard video, as well as AGP video card slot. Brand new fully updated windows xp, all drivers are up to date and valid. Attach monitor to AGP card, try to boot computer: does not get to windows splash screen. Constantly reboots, however 1 beep...
daways Motherboards, Bios & CPU 18 10-10-2006 10:54 PM
XP Home Restarting
I have an emachines T1100 that keeps restarting. It doesn't restart at the same time though. I turned off the automatic restart and got the blue screen but I don't know what to do next. The blue screen said: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL ...
algirard8 Windows XP Support 5 08-08-2006 11:22 AM
Please Help, all kinds of BSODs in XP
Hi, I am new to this forum and I desperately need help. I have all kinds of BSODs happening when I play games (Rome: Total War). Here are the BSODs I have been getting: 0x50 - with reference to nv4_disp.dll 0x8E - with reference to nv4_disp.dll 0xA - this is related to one of my faulty...
sunten Windows XP Support 4 02-04-2005 02:39 PM