Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba Sattelite C655 LCD No image displayed

This is a discussion on Toshiba Sattelite C655 LCD No image displayed within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have been having some trouble with my internal display for quite some time now. It started when my

Old 08-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I have been having some trouble with my internal display for quite some time now. It started when my screen was stepped on and had to be replaced. I bought the replacement, but noticed that in the process of removing the video cable from the previous lcd, the video cable had been damaged. I then bought a new video cable. I have reconnected the new cable with the new lcd and I still get a blank screen. I reconnect the video cable to the old broken lcd screen and I still get nothing. The video works on an external monitor. The model numbers for both replacement parts are identical to the old parts. It seems like there is some sort of faulty wiring in the system but I don't have enough expertise to diagnose where it could be. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi Stadavis95, welcome to TSF

Can you see an image if you shine a powerful flashlight to the screen? have you made sure all the connections are fully inserted.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

It doesn't show an image when i shine a light in the back. Also i have reseated a few times and it didn't do a thing.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

maybe the inverter is bad. Or the new screen is defective .

Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Registered Member

This model doesn't require an inverter. The LCD is brand new, so it shouldn't be defective. However, it is a different model number than the original (the original is TLAA, the new one is TLQB). I contacted the supplier about the mix-up and the supplier said that the TLAA is discontinued and the TLQB is the replacement screen.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Also, I've noticed that sometimes it won't turn on at all. I'll disconnect the video cable and it still won't turn on. I'll also take the battery out and use the main supply and it still won't turn on, and vice versa.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

could be the power board for the led screen.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

Here are images of the video cable, the power board connected to the on/off switch, and the lcd screen. Are you referring to that power board?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	96045   Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	96046   Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	96047  

Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Check the sockets on the motherboard and the LCD panel for obvious issues (bent/broken pins, etc).

Did you test the screen without reassembling it or did you assemble it fully?
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
Registered Member

I looked at it thoroughly and couldn't find anything out of place. I have tested it fully assembled (short of putting in screws for bezel), as well as testing the screen with just the video cable plugged into the lcd. I haven't tested it removing components such as HDD, Memory, CD Drive, etc... I put in two new memory sticks (Crucial, 2x4GB) prior to this incident, and they didn't cause problems beforehand.

This might help: the first time I put in the LCD screen, the power went on then immediately shut off. This was with the old video cable.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Registered Member

It won't turn on anymore or charge. No lights come up or anything. I took the motherboard out and checked the underside but there seems to be no visible damage. I've checked every connection for the lcd, power board, battery pins, charging cord, etc... Is there anyway I can test the connections using a voltmeter, or even use a voltage detector? I dont want to buy a new motherboard unless I'm completely sure that's the problem.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote