Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba Satellite L505: screen wont turn on.

This is a discussion on Toshiba Satellite L505: screen wont turn on. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have a toshiba satellite L505 and it's screen is completely blank and will not turn on. The laptop itself is

Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Have a toshiba satellite L505 and it's screen is completely blank and will not turn on. The laptop itself is on. I can hear the fans at least. But the screen just stays blank/black. Even if it is hooked up to a projector I still can't see any desktop images. All of the ribbons and chips look as if they are in place, but I still cannot figure out the problem. I had also just replaced the power jack because it was broken. That works fine now though. I don't know if that caused it. I did see a flicker of a cursor the first time I turned it on, but the display immediately turned off. Now I don't even get a flicker.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi please see the sticky for trouble shooting steps Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting
can you try a external monitor rather than the projector just to see if it makes any difference

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba L670 screen flickers and turns white...
My Toshiba laptop screen has been acting up lately, I'll be in the middle of something, watching videos or reading anything and the entire screen will suddenly go white, I have to press the sleep button and than turn the laptop back on for the screen to go back to normal, and it will work for...
Ali20 Laptop Support 5 10-31-2013 02:52 PM
Toshiba Satellite A300 black screen
Hi guys i have a Toshiba Satellite A300 Laptop and i would like some advice, my Laptop recently crashed and then i fixed it but i now find myself with a new problem which i cannot fix myself. When i turn on my Laptop it all loads up normally but then the screen goes black when it gets to the login...
ComputerGeek223 Laptop Support 20 10-22-2011 08:18 PM
get blank screen when i turn laptop on
hi,i have an Acer aspire 7003wsmi and the screen doesnt come on anymore when i turn on the laptop,a couple of days ago i turned it on and the screen was fine until about halfway through the boot process when it went pixelated and shut down the laptop,now when i turn it on it sounds like its booting...
stu_1974 Laptop Support 6 10-06-2011 12:39 AM
Toshiba satellite c650d screen problems
Help - my very new (2 weeks - it's been on less than ten times ) laptop is malfunctioning. When I switch it on the middle third of the screen remains black. Sometimes the windows 7 startup animation appears and sometimes it doesn't. All following screens have the third missing. Half an hour of...
Pollylm Laptop Support 2 05-01-2011 03:20 PM
Toshiba Satellite A300 - Screen is dying!
Hi, I have a problem with the screen on my Toshiba Satellite A300, some time ago a horizontal line apeared a the botom of the screen, in recent days this line has grown and is now a patch, as show in the picture. http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9431/dsc00957s.jpg As you see, you can...
CookMartins Laptop Support 1 01-04-2011 11:38 PM