Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba reset

This is a discussion on Toshiba reset within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Toshiba satellite l655d-s5050 laptop and i downloaded a dell windows 7 on it when i got a

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Toshiba satellite l655d-s5050 laptop and i downloaded a dell windows 7 on it when i got a virus on accident. please could some one tell me how to reset my computer back to factory defaults?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Registered Member

Question

Hi,

Try these steps, hope they will help you:

1. Copy all your files and documents to an external storage device.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. choose your country and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
9. "Next"
10. Click "Yes"
11. you will notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish"

Let me know if it helps you,
Echoo.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

I shut down the computer, hit f8, hit repair computer then it made me type in my username and password i did then the only thing that came up was start up repair and it did nothing.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1247 View Post
I have a Toshiba satellite l655d-s5050 laptop and i downloaded a dell windows 7 on it when i got a virus on accident. please could some one tell me how to reset my computer back to factory defaults?
where did you download the windows 7 from

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote