Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba Laptop - Will Not Start up Completely

This is a discussion on Toshiba Laptop - Will Not Start up Completely within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I turn on my Toshiba Laptop, no matter mode I start it up in (Safe Mode, Safe Mode with

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I turn on my Toshiba Laptop, no matter mode I start it up in (Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration and Normally) it won't load past the Microsoft Windows XP point, a Blue screen appears and disappears once in a split second, it looks like it contains text.

If I need the disk to restart the Laptop completely to resolve this problem, I have lost it, will it be possible to get hold of a new one?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

You will need an xp disk to do a repair install. This will NOT make you loose any of your information. Here is how to do it.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

check their d/load section they may have it there for d/loading

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
grassi's not clean
hello team, well i left here a couple of days ago and was recomended to go to xp forum and post a error, i received at the end of your fix while playing a game, which led me to beleive my computer was clean, with the exception of this error, which seemed to be of no importance?? Anyway i had some...
grassi Resolved HJT Threads 28 01-24-2006 09:37 AM
Infected BAD, Please Help Virus Infected -Multiple?
Hi, My computer is infected with some kind of virus. One of the many, at least it seam like there is. The serious one creates an Internet Gateway at LAN Controller bootup. I cannot disable the Internet Gateway directly but I can disable the LAN Controller (Local Area Connection) then it...
jadecad Inactive Malware Help Topics 6 01-03-2006 04:06 AM
Internet Explorer Hijacked - tried everything!
Hi guys, I think something is preventing me from changing my Start page on IE6. I've done everything that was previously explained in other threads - used spybot, ad-aware, spyware doctor, spy sweeper and NAV 2005; all with the latest definition. I also found an article on the web...
ghingy Resolved HJT Threads 13 03-02-2005 04:53 AM
Please help with Backdoor.Beasty.Family
Hey, I am completely new to this whole Forum thing and have never chatted online etc but I really need someones help if possible. My computer has recently apparently been infected with the Backdoor.Beasty.Family virus. Everytime I right click on an icon in the desktop, I get a messgae from...
Dan1975 Resolved HJT Threads 44 02-09-2005 11:52 PM