Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba Keyboard Problem

This is a discussion on Toshiba Keyboard Problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Toshiba 2595CDT laptop, and all of a sudden the the keyboard has a problem with some of

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Toshiba 2595CDT laptop, and all of a sudden the the keyboard has a problem with some of the keys. For ex when I press the c key it behaves like i've pressed the alt key with it or something, the same goes for some of the other keys. Am running win98 that came with machine.Have tried control panel everything appears Ok. Don't know if it is hardware or software related. Any help is appreciated.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via AIM to laboye Send a message via MSN to laboye Send a message via Yahoo to laboye Send a message via Skype™ to laboye
Hi and welcome to TSF. The first thing I would try is reinstalling the keyboard through device manager. As you are using Windows 98, support is limited through Toshiba and Microsoft, for they have abandoned further updates. Right click on my computer and click Properties. Click the Device Manager tab and look at the keyboard section. If there are any yellow conflict alerts (or if there aren't), right click the keyboard and click uninstall. Restart the PC and check it. Next, this could be hardware. below the keyboard, there should be a snap off flap. Remove it and remove the single screw securing the metal plate. The keyboard should now come out. Detach the keyboard cable by lifting the connector lock and tugging the cable. Attach it again by keeping the lock open and inserting the cable. Press down on the lock. Report back with details

Crazy Computer that I'm saving up for::Antec P180 Case;PC Pwr&Cooling 1kW Quad SLI PSU;Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe;Intel Core2 XE X6800;Corsair TWIN2XP2048 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM;2xAsus GeForce 7950 GX2;BFG PhysX Accel.;IBM DVD-RAM/Plextor DVD±RW;Seagate 750GB HD 7200RPM;WDX 150GB 10000RPM;Vigor Monsoon TEC Cooler
Old 08-10-2006, 05:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yeh I did exactly as you directed. Tried reinstalling- no change.Removed keyboard & ribbon cable, plugged back in, rebooted but still the same, I think hardware may be faulty.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via AIM to laboye Send a message via MSN to laboye Send a message via Yahoo to laboye Send a message via Skype™ to laboye
Yea, a replacement is in order. Since you're in AUS, I don't know if Impact ships there. Here's their keyboard:

http://www.impactcomputers.com/p000257600-rb.html#

This is the cheapest you will find:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toshiba-P0002...ayphotohosting

I'd buy it promptly.
Crazy Computer that I'm saving up for::Antec P180 Case;PC Pwr&Cooling 1kW Quad SLI PSU;Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe;Intel Core2 XE X6800;Corsair TWIN2XP2048 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM;2xAsus GeForce 7950 GX2;BFG PhysX Accel.;IBM DVD-RAM/Plextor DVD±RW;Seagate 750GB HD 7200RPM;WDX 150GB 10000RPM;Vigor Monsoon TEC Cooler
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread