Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Toshiba Equium A200 1VO Boot Troubles

This is a discussion on Toshiba Equium A200 1VO Boot Troubles within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My daughter messed up my Equium A200 by accidently running her A100 recovery disc in my A200 now it

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My daughter messed up my Equium A200 by accidently running her A100 recovery disc in my A200 now it will not boot under any circumstances..I no longer have my "Recovery Disk" and as per norm it did not come with a Windows Vista Home Premium disk...when I boot up all I get is the "Windows Boot Manager" page stating
>"Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "next"
3. Click repair your computer
This message is followed by...
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be located because the application is missing or corrupt..
..Any help here would be gratefully recieved...if it is any help I have a Lite Linux system on a boot disc that I can use in the laptop that can connect to the internet with...would this aid me replacing anything that is missing and preventing me getting back to Windows....HELP

Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Try the recovery from recovery partition in HDD (see this: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...339010_web.pdf
and this: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...208010_web.pdf

Old 03-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

There seems to be nothing in the partition to recover from....these are things I have tried since posting this problem....
This was the result after running a Repair..
Problem Signatures....
Problem Event Name StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 1 ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 2 6 0 6000 16386 6 0 6000 16386
Problem Signature 3 0
Problem Signature 4 65537
Problem Signature 5 Unknown
Problem Signature 6 MissingOsLoader
Problem Signature 7 0
Problem Signature 8 3
Problem Signature 9 FixBootConfig
Problem Signature10 2
OS Version 6 0 6000 2 0 0 256 1
Local 1033
When trying to Restore entire computer from backup the message...
>"No valid backup locations could be found."
>Windows can not find a backup on the hard disks or DVDs on this computer.Attach the correct hard drive or insert the last backup DVD and then start the restore process again
When using Command Prompt it has "x" as the drive and am unable to change this so when I type in < BootRec/RebuildBcd > the following message comes up...
x:\Sources>Bootrec /RebuildBcd
>Scanning all diskc for windows installations.
>Please wait,since this may take a while.
>Successfully scanned windows installations.
>Totall identified installations 0
>The operation was completed successfully
Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

May be Toshiba can provide you with a recovery CD. HP, IBM and I think DELL provide recovery CD for a fee.

You may also consider Vista installation disc and do a system restore.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you,I tried a system restore and it says it can not see the hard drive,I just checked Toshibas support site and they want ú30 to send a recovery disc,but I worried that if it can't system restore and there is the "winload" file missing even the Recovery disk may not work!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

I do not exactly understand what you mean here. If there is a problem with the Recovery Discs from Toshiba then return them and have them replaced/exchanged for a working one.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #7
Registered Member

My friend brought me a restore and file recovery disc his company use by Symantecs so I ran that and it to try and get an idea of what's going on,the disc gets me to thier System Recovery page,
A: Recover My Computer
States there is no existing restore point and when I double click to look into the files it shows nothing in them unless I choose "Files Of Type" but unsure if it is possible to create a restore point or locate one in this section using this software.I have attached a picture of my available hard drives and another of as far as I have got using this software before not knowing what I can do next...I appreciate all replies so far....thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00258.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	46755   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00256.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	46756  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geecee61 View Post
My friend brought me a restore and file recovery disc his company use by Symantecs so I ran that and it to try and get an idea of what's going on,the disc gets me to thier System Recovery page,
A: Recover My Computer
States there is no existing restore point and when I double click to look into the files it shows nothing in them unless I choose "Files Of Type" but unsure if it is possible to create a restore point or locate one in this section using this software.I have attached a picture of my available hard drives and another of as far as I have got using this software before not knowing what I can do next...I appreciate all replies so far....thank you
Hi,

I am sorry but we cannot assist with a software you have no license to use. See Forum rules please. This case is now closed.

The Symantec software your friend brought you MAY NOT work correctly with your computer. And assuming it did, it said you have no recovery partitions anyway.

My advise to you is, it is for your best interest if you just call Toshiba and request a recovery disc.

Closed Thread
Gear in this thread