Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony Vaio VPCEJ-1Z1E Graphics card not working

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DBCooper 
#1 ·
Hi TechSupport Forum,

Firstly I don't know if I'm in the right place, I tried searching for related articles but to no avail. I'm using a VPCEJ-1Z1E and experienced blue screen problems last winter, since then I have had a battle getting it to work and ultimately reinstalled windows 7. I had no drivers initially so reinstalled the most up-to-date nVidia drivers for the GeForce 410M, but that hasn't worked. At this point I can get simple videos like youtube clips to play, but other applications like Adobe Shockwave and Java don't even register with my laptop, it just asks me to install the programs continuously despite having already done so. I am under the impression that basically anything that requires my graphics card to engage is incapable of functioning. I've looked in forums all over for the answer to my problem but all I tend to find is people slating nVidia's driver support, no solution that works for me. So anyway I hope that someone can help me get up and running as I've tried doing this by myself but had no luck.

I attach my DxDiag along with this post.

Thanks in advance,
Jamo92

Attachments

#2 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
Have you tried SYSTEM RESTORE yet? Attempt to roll back your system prior to point your video problem started. **NOTE: bear in mind SYSTEM RESTORE cannot go further back than 5 months; I suspect you found this out already if you tried it, since you mention your problem occurred last winter; ~1 year ago. FWIW. ***

When you said you reinstalled your Windows7; exactly how did you accomplish this? Did you do from Discs, or from the built-in hidden partition on the internal laptop hard drive? :confused:

It sounds to me like you botched the Windows install. :facepalm:

If SYSTEM RESTORE fails to work, backup all your Personal Data to external media first, and then attempt a WINDOWS RESET or WINDOWS REINSTALLATION FROM FACTORY FECOVERY DISCS OR FACTORY HARD DRIVE PARTITITON.

This should remedy your problem. If it doesn't, you should return to the place you bought it for repair, or take to your local licensed Computer Pro for analysis and repair estimate.

Good luck to you,:thumb:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

#4 ·
Hi Jamo92,

If all other troubleshooting steps don't work, back up your data, re-format the hard drive, and re-install a fresh copy of Windows on your computer. If you are still having issues after you have re-installed the Windows OS, hardware drivers, and windows updates, it's possible that there's a hardware faulty issue on your computer.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.