Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Sony Vaio One touch web access.. booting problem

This is a discussion on Sony Vaio One touch web access.. booting problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello :) I have a little problem with my Sony Vaio. Yesterday before I went to bed, I put the

Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello :) I have a little problem with my Sony Vaio. Yesterday before I went to bed, I put the computer in sleep mode. And this morning when I turned it on, it made all the right sound.. my LCD went bright and... that was it. It just lightened up and nothing else happened. Not even the Vaio screen.

The weird part is, if I turn on the computer using the splashtop button, everything works perfectly and it boots into splashtop. Thats how I am writing this post.

So when I turn it on the normal way, with the power button, the screen brightens up and nothing else happens.. i cant get into BIOS or safemode.

Any help would be appreciated.. I have googled alot and cant find anyone with the exact similar problem. I do not have my windows CDs.

I run windows 7 and its a Sony Vaio.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

Nothing? :(

Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Well the good news is that the laptop seems to be physically fine, the bad news is that it looks like the operating system will need to be either repaired or re-installed, both of which are hard to do without the Windows 7 disks :P

Do you know if you have a recovery partition on your laptop? If you do, try booting from that and repairing your windows installation that way. You'll need to make changes in your BIOS to have your computer boot to the recovery partition. If you need help with that I or someone else can help you I'm sure.
tim19889 is offline   Reply With Quote