Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Sony Vaio laptop has a blank screen

This is a discussion on Sony Vaio laptop has a blank screen within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NS110E laptop and I'm having issues with it not allowing me to see anything

Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NS110E laptop and I'm having issues with it not allowing me to see anything at all. Here's the issue: I put it in sleep mode like I usually do before I went to bed one night and when I went to wake it up the next day, the screen was blank. I turned it off and turned it back on and everything worked just fine except I couldn't see anything. I've tried the 30 second shut off without the battery in to restart it but that didn't work. Right now my laptop turns on and the screen is blank but now I can't hear any sound coming from it (I could before). The fans works, the blinking orange light works, my disk drive works but I'm not hearing anything from the computer itself. Normally when it turns on, the VAIO logo pops up and proceeds to the Vista logo and my login screen but it doesn't even do that. I turn it on and it's just blank. I'm baffled at what the underlying issue is and I really would like to know if something needs to be replaced or if I would be better off buying a new laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello dreamy poppy and welcome to TSF,

If you have an available external monitor/display, connect your computer to it and see if it displays. You may have to press the hot-key combination (one of the F keys may have an icon of a monitor printed on it).
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sony vaio 5k1l laptop
Good Morning everyone i have a sony vaio laptop 5k1l was brought to me to try to fix a bios password issue . the laptop has a bios password in place i have been told that by removing the cmos battery it should rid of the password i am not exactly sure where the cmos battery is located on this...
tonyggggg Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 09-13-2011 01:58 PM
Suspect VAIO is infected
My computer began running slowly, and now whenever my computer has been sleeping/hibernating the internet disconnects and reconnects. It takes it a while to establish a connection. Today my browser seems to have been reset(settings, home page, etc.) In my running processes I am seeing things that...
SNPG09 Resolved HJT Threads 30 08-02-2011 03:56 PM
laptop screen blank and hard disk won't do anything
I have a vaio cr353 laptop which when powered on now shows blackscreen, power light is on but the Hard drive light is off even the wireless and memory card light is on. i dont hear anything..it started when i got a warning that the bios clock has an error I pressed f1 to continue, it wasn't the...
pranks789 Laptop Support 3 07-13-2011 01:09 PM
m1530 laptop screen stays blank upon start up
Without any complaints toward how my laptop has been performing lately, I closed it today (something I don't usually do) and it went to sleep I assume. I came back later and the screen was blank. I held the power button to turn it off and tried restarting. The quickbar lights did their usual...
plasticsponge Laptop Support 4 03-04-2011 07:19 AM
Gateway laptop hangs at blank screen [moved from Vista/7]
I have a Gateway NV 52 laptop running Windows 7. Occasionally when it boots, it will stay at a blank screen (Not black and off, it receives power and the video functions fully). A lot of the time it will not pass this blank screen and i have to restart. After i restart everything functions as it...
Joejoe930117 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 02-23-2011 02:19 PM