Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony Vaio laptop has a blank screen

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GZ 
#1 ·
Hi, I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NS110E laptop and I'm having issues with it not allowing me to see anything at all. Here's the issue: I put it in sleep mode like I usually do before I went to bed one night and when I went to wake it up the next day, the screen was blank. I turned it off and turned it back on and everything worked just fine except I couldn't see anything. I've tried the 30 second shut off without the battery in to restart it but that didn't work. Right now my laptop turns on and the screen is blank but now I can't hear any sound coming from it (I could before). The fans works, the blinking orange light works, my disk drive works but I'm not hearing anything from the computer itself. Normally when it turns on, the VAIO logo pops up and proceeds to the Vista logo and my login screen but it doesn't even do that. I turn it on and it's just blank. I'm baffled at what the underlying issue is and I really would like to know if something needs to be replaced or if I would be better off buying a new laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello dreamy poppy and welcome to TSF,

If you have an available external monitor/display, connect your computer to it and see if it displays. You may have to press the hot-key combination (one of the F keys may have an icon of a monitor printed on it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.