Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Sony VAIO black screen at start up

This is a discussion on Sony VAIO black screen at start up within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a PCG-71914L with windows 7 and just got it for about a month. When I hit the power

Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a PCG-71914L with windows 7 and just got it for about a month.
When I hit the power button, power LED and the Num lock, caps lock, scroll lock light up with green light. But the screen is black. I heard disk activity at the start, and sometimes the fan activity.
Also, if I press the power button again, the battery will show a red light.
Before this problem occurred, I made some changes to the power management and used CCleaner. I'm not sure if this is causing any problem.

Thank you for your help

Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hello,

Good afternoon! My name is Amanda Maffei and I work for the SonyListens department. I'm sorry to hear that about your Vaio and we want to help get this resolved right away. Please email us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com, with your contact information, mailing address, full model and serial number of your Vaio and the issue that you're currently having. We will get back to you with a response within 1 to 2 business days or sooner. We look forward to working with you. Thank you! =)

-Amand Maffei

SonyListens team

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer black screen & screen saying "no signal" on start up.
Hello, iv been trying to solve a problem with my computer that occured two days ago, iv been looking around in difrent forums for a solution but i cant find anything that works or is a solution for my kind of problem. To the problem, when i start my computer it starts normaly untill i get to...
helplessperson Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 01-22-2012 09:15 AM
[SOLVED] Sony Vaio hangs at splash screen
Having to use my old desktop Sony Vaio PCV-RZ30cg while I work on a problem with my laptop. Had it working fine, but suddenly it's freezing at the Sony logo splash screen and will not load Bios. I have tried pressing F8 or F9 during separate start up attempts, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?...
DinahKay Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 09-21-2011 07:17 AM
Sony Vaio black screen
Hello everybody. I have a problem and I cant seem to find the solution :upset:. So I've come to this website for some assistance and better understanding of this problem. My daughter has a Sony Vaio laptop that the screen just went black on start up. Ive restored it using the restore CD's that...
ChevyLT1 Laptop Support 2 07-18-2011 10:24 AM
Stuck on start up or black screen
Hello, Today I started up my computer as normal and suddenly I got a blue screen that for the life of me I cannot remember what it said. Well once I tried to restart nothing happened. I got the usual sounds of the machine being on but only a black screen. I restarted again and this time it gave me...
jony667 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 05-10-2011 07:09 PM
Sony Z BSOD and black screen every couple hours
My laptop (Sony Z series VPCZ112GX) has been having BSODs and sometimes just completely stopping with a black screen and some white flickers every couple of hours. It happens at anytime - when I'm playing a game, browsing the web, or just listening to music. There are no triggers that I can tell....
theobvious89 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 01-10-2011 01:31 AM