Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some (not all) videos are displayed in bright colours..

2K views 34 replies 2 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've had this problem with the laptop since I bought it, it is only 4 months old.

The problem I have is when watching some videos online, i.e. youtube or anything else that you can stream, some videos are displayed very distorted, blurry, jumpy and multi coloured, its very hard to explain so I have taken a few screenshots so you can see what I mean by this. See attached - the first 3 are clearly the ones showing the problem... however, I can play a majority of videos fine, but then others from the same thing doesn't work. Also in attached is 2 screenshots of another video in HD also on youtube working fine to illustrate this.

This happens in multi browsers, I have tried in not just Chrome, but Internet Explorer and Firefox. All to the same problem ! When I play the same vidoes on my other laptop they work fine no problems.

This is what i have tried:

I thought it was the graphics card driver since I ruled out it being a browser problem, so I went to device manager, clicked on "Display adapters" and it only has one driver called "Intel(R) HD Graphics".. so I right clicked it and clicked "Uninstall" - everything then went very big and zoomed in so I then closed the extended parts, right clicked on "Computer" on Device Manager and clicked "Scan for Hardware changes" where it then said it found and installed new drivers - I then had a different driver name under my display adapters.. after restart the whole laptop screen was too large and it looked like the resolution was weird.. in the end I had to do a restore to undo what I tried just to get my display working properly again - the method didn't fix the viewing videos problem that is showed in my screenshots.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all 3 browsers to no avail, and I have also uninstalled flash and reinstalled latest versions on my browsers and manually and again didn't fix the problem!

I don't know what else to try and so I have joined this forum in hope someone could help me... would be hugely appreciated as it's very annoying especially on such a new laptop!

The laptop spec/details are...

Windows 7 Home Premium
Manufacturer: eMachines
Model: eME732Z
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.00GB (2.74 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit O/S

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this - please reply!

Nathan

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks joe - I am downloading that as I type this.. will let you know how i get off , Can i ask what do you think is the cause of this? It was like this when i first bought it, after 3 months i had intermittent disconnection problems on the laptop so the support centre got me to do a factory reset which fixed it.. but even on a fresh installation of the o/s this video display problem persisted. If it needs this original driver why wasnt it installed with the original setup both times?

Cheers
Nathan

#5 ·
I downloaded that file, run through it and it said it successfully installed. However after it there was no sign of anything new added to the laptop. I restarted the machine and the problem with videos is still there ! Maybe I will have to phone the support again?

Thanks for your help,

Nathan

#6 ·
Hi that is strange please use the second link and you can locate the drivers for the computer by choosing notebook then e-series then scroll to your model number you will see all the available drivers,do you have any other error flags in device manager ie yellow ! or red Xs

#7 ·
Just deleted the VGA_AMD file that was downloaded yesterday and going to manually download the same one from the second link, will let you know how i get off shortly, I have checked all devices on device manager and there are not any yellow ! or red Xs, screenshot of it attached.

System devices & USB controllers have no !'s or Xs either, it was just too long to extend them all.

Thanks,
Nathan

Attachments

#9 ·
The only one under the video driver is WiMax Intel WiMax Driver version 5.20.1002.3 but I believe that has something to do with the wireless? Doesn't seem to be any other driver that is anything to do with video or graphics. The file has just downloaded so i'm about to run through it again.

#11 ·
Okay, I installed it and went through the steps, at the end it says that warnings occured during installation... then prompts me to click "view log" - when i do so, it just says it installed and was a success. However, this time after installing it i had a windows pop up saying it may or may not have installed correctly and gave me an option to try reinstalling. Below are the screenshots of the steps so you can see what happened.

Thanks,
Nathan

Attachments

#13 ·
I have looked through the dell uk site and apart from the driver your trying to use the others are for a nvidia card,can you go to device manager then to the device click on the + to expand the view, then right click on it and choose properties the go to the driver details tab, and from the dropdown list choose hardware id's and post the pci\ven and dev info I'am having a hard time trying to find out what graphics card is installed on this pc

#18 ·
I went on that link and I clicked on the Nvidea link where it gives a long page, there is nothing clickable on it or no direct download. I went to the Nvidea site and did a search for:

Product Type: GeForce
Product Series: GeForce 6 Series
Product: GeForce 6800 GT
O/S: Win 7 64-bit
Language: UK (English)

and it takes me to this page.... NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

Is that the correct one? and if i download and install it and it's not the correct driver for my card, can it affect anything on the system or will it simply do nothing?

Thanks,
Nathan

#20 ·
Hi, yes I am running 64-bit Win 7. I downloaded Speccy and the details for my graphics card is as shown in the screenshot. It certainly does look like I have the correct driver installed and is the same one I reinstalled both times. Is there anything else left to try?

Thanks for your help,
Nathan

Attachments

#24 ·
No, my processor details are:

Name Intel Pentium P6200
Code Name Arrandale
Package Socket 989 rPGA
Technology 32nm
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz

I'll have another look on that link to see if i can find something else but i'll check before installing.

#25 ·
Oh I was also wondering what is the average safe temperature for the cpu, motherboard and hard drive? reason being when you got me to install Speccy yesterday they were all between 32-36° and today they are all varying from 42-51°. is that normal?

#26 ·
They vary with what your doing at the time also where the laptop is sitting a hard flat surface is usually best and having it slightly elevated can help the airflow,I would not worry to much as the temps are not overly high at the top end you have mentioned but a cooling pad is something to consider for helping to keep things cool,trying to keep a laptop cool is a on going battle since the design is not conducive to good heat dissapation another thing to do is clean out the air vents and fan with a can of compressed air on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.