Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

[SOLVED] Screen shot key on Lenovo Z580

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Screen shot key on Lenovo Z580 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've recently bought a Lenovo ideapad Z580 and need to provide screen shots. Could anyone tell me how to

Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I've recently bought a Lenovo ideapad Z580 and need to provide screen shots. Could anyone tell me how to do this and what the key looks like?

Cheers

Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

You can take screenshots using the PrtSc (print screen) key, top row next to F12.

Pressing the key copies the screen to the Windows clipboard which can then be pasted into an image editor and saved.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks Koala, btw, just out of interest, what's the key between AltGr & Ctrl (a box with 3 horizontal lines inside)?

Ta muchly
Old 12-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

You're welcome.

The key between AltGr & Ctrl is rarely used. It just brings up a context menu for whichever program is in focus, the same as you'd get by right-clicking the mouse.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
Registered Member

Ah, Thanks :)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rootkit.boot.pihar.b-- help please!
Hello, Yesterday I got a trojan on my computer. I'm assuming it started yesterday because that is when the audio ads in the background of my computer started. My McAfee antivirus didn't find it, so I switched to Kaspersky Internet Security. It found rootkit.boot.pihar.b, but cannot disinfect...
galina126 Resolved HJT Threads 22 10-13-2012 12:31 PM
Some form of Zero Access virus on PC, have run other things before coming to this..
So I have come to the conclusion I likely have some kind of zero access rootkit problem. I don't see much immediate effect on my web browsing experience as it seems some others do, but it's there, doing who knows what. Below I have tried to give a good picture of where I'm at. I know your...
engingirl Resolved HJT Threads 18 09-24-2012 12:53 AM
[SOLVED] TP Link Wireless Adapter Driver Issues
Hello, I have a TP link TL-WN722N wireless adapter and it refuses to work on my win7 machine. I've tried installying the cd driver, all the relevant drivers on the TP link website, and the generic atheros driver. I've also tried manually installing all those drivers using device manager to no...
FrostedFlakes62 Cabling and Network Cards 12 09-08-2012 09:21 AM
w32/blaster.worm follow up
My original post was closed due to inactivity. (I borrowed a computer while waiting for info and just procrastinated dealing with this issue) Here is the link to the original post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/w32-blaster-worm-follow-up-613982.html I have downloaded the...
danib.3 Resolved HJT Threads 40 01-04-2012 07:05 AM