Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

[SOLVED] Mouse built in laptop not working right/left click

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Mouse built in laptop not working right/left click within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a hp laptop and recently the right and left click on my mouse is not working and seldom

Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a hp laptop and recently the right and left click on my mouse is not working and seldom responds. It is not a virus because I viruses scanned in safe mode and restored to my restore point. How should I go about fixing this?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi Idunnolol, welcome to TSF

Whats the make and model of laptop? does a usb mouse work? is this laptop under warranty?

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks oscar1. the model is hp pavilion dv4 notebook pc. also it is just my left click my right click and double tap click works. the laptop is not under warrenty. I am going out to staples now as i have lost my usb mouse.
edit: usb mouse does work but is there anything i can do to fix the left click issue?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

maybe try blowing under the button with compressed air maybe something got under it. thats providing their is a space. has anything been spilled on it or crumbs from food?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Registered Member

No crumbs it doesn't feel like it's jammed or anything. Marking thread as solved bcuz I'll just use the USB mouse since it functions thanks for the suggestion. And that is one sick system
Old 09-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

your welcome, if you ever decide to fix the touch pad button just make another thread.

my system is just a stock dell xps 9000. nothing fancy does me well though