Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 910, Just Beeps Wont Boot

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 910, Just Beeps Wont Boot within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, When I turn on my Dell 910, power light comes on but all I get are two beeps quick

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi, When I turn on my Dell 910, power light comes on but all I get are two beeps quick pause then two beeps, no screen nothing..Can turn back off by holding down power button, PLEASE PLEASE Somebody

Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello cobweb49,

Are you speaking of the Dell Mini 910 netbook?

First thing to do is check your RAM... Open the RAM cover, remove and reseat the DIMM(s).

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinzach View Post
Hello cobweb49,

Are you speaking of the Dell Mini 910 netbook?

First thing to do is check your RAM... Open the RAM cover, remove and reseat the DIMM(s).
OK, How do I reset the ram, I know how to get it out, and yes its the mini 910, Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobweb49 View Post
OK, How do I reset the ram, I know how to get it out, and yes its the mini 910, Thanks
Reseating simply means taking the ram out and putting it back in.

The RAM or the slot on the motherboard could also be bad, if reseating doesn't fix it. You could try just using one stick of RAM, see if it works, move that stick to another slot and see if it works, and then use the second stick to see if you can get anything. Basically try all the combinations you can think of.

Another thing to try is see if the laptop boots after taking the battery out, or if it boots with only the battery in and no power cord plugged in.

And check to see if any lights are lit up. Scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock lights tend to turn into diagnostic lights at boot for laptops (along with wireless lights, power lights, hard drive lights, etc), so if any of those lights are lit, let us know.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Member

Ok, How cool, the ram was not seated all the way, now it comes on to the enter password screen, UH OH, they dont remember the password,got any ideas, Thanks So Much Guys for all your help so far.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Yes, re-seat the RAM... and a DIMM is tech speak for the "memory stick or memory chip"
Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

We cannot offer help for password reset or retrieval. Please read the forum rules.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/misc...ork&page=rules

You will need to get the password from the people you purchased the computer from.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinzach View Post
We cannot offer help for password reset or retrieval. Please read the forum rules.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/misc...ork&page=rules

You will need to get the password from the people you purchased the computer from.
OK, I understand, Well they have no Idea because one of the children put it in and cant remember, Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

If it is a BIOS password you can call Dell. If you can prove to them your ownership of the unit they can help you reset it.

If it is a Windows password, you will need to reinstall Windows.

It would seem as though your original issue is resolved so I am going to mark this thread solved and close it.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to start a new thread!
Good luck with your computer!

Closed Thread