Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

[SOLVED] black/dark colours replaced with blue scan lines - Packard Bell Easynote LJ7

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] black/dark colours replaced with blue scan lines - Packard Bell Easynote LJ7 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Packard Bell Easynote LJ71 with an AMD M880G + ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and am having

Old 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Packard Bell Easynote LJ71 with an AMD M880G + ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and am having a few problems as you can see in the screenshot attached (taken with a camera - this is a display problem). The "monitor" in the device manager says its a Generic PnP Monitor.

Yesterday I was in a full screen game, minimized and suddenly it seemed all black colours or very dark regions of the screen were replaced with blue with vertical scanlines, there also seems to be some interference like tv static within the blue regions. I'm not sure its very clear in the screenshot but I can't really see otherwise, if it's not clear enough let me know and I can try get a better shot.

I have plugged the laptop into another monitor with the VGA and there were no such problems so i'm assuming its a problem with the display and not the video card. I have also opened the laptop and checked the connections from the laptop to the screen and all seem fine. I checked the BIOS screen and I didn't see the problem however I believe this may simply be because the BIOS screen does not have any dark colours which are the only ones replaced.

An interesting and weird thing is that I can only see the blue and the vertical lines when viewing the screen straight on - if I view the screen from around 45 degrees at angle it looks fine - the blue colour seems to dissolve into the black/dark colours that they should be.

Quite stumped as I've had no luck attempting to search for similar problems and never heard or seen anything like this before.

Any ideas? Had this laptop for little over a year so it's out of warranty.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bluescreen.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	105888  

Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Found a solution (only temporary but good enough for me). Installed the AMD Vision Control Centre, in Desktop Management and then Desktop Colour and I increased the brightness of the screen and the problem gradually disappeared. I left the brightness on the exact point where the problem disappeared and then adjusted the screen brightness settings to compensate (on Packard Bell, Fn (function key) + down).