Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Slow Microsoft wireless keyboard

This is a discussion on Slow Microsoft wireless keyboard within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I currently have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows Ultimate Vista. At home I don't like having to use my

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows Ultimate Vista.

At home I don't like having to use my laptop's small and bad screen, so I bought a 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC. Along with that I also got external speakers, an external hard drive, and a set of Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. I pretty much turned my laptop into a desktop case and left it in the corner of the desk.

I have absolutely no problem with all these devices, except the keyboard, I think.

I had that wireless keyboard/mouse set for a while and have used it with an old desktop computer and never had any problems with it.

But when I use it with the notebook, the keys feel like they take too much time to respond, giving me the feeling the computer is sluggish overall (which it definitely is not).

I thought the problem might be with the wireless signal or the battery level, but both of those always indicate to be "Excellent". I have tried connecting the receiver directly to the laptop and through a USB hub, but it didn't make any difference.

Right now I am leaving the laptop open (almost 180 degrees) and using it's keyboard.

By the way, the keyboard model is the "Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A" and the mouse is the "Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0".

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or is it just me that got too used to deep the shallower laptop keyboard?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have very similar problem also ith an Inspiron 6400 and a Microsoft ireless eyboard 2000. It is very slow sometimes and regularly misses key strokes.
I've just sent one keyboard and mouseback to supplier but now i'm using another of the same, similar issues occur.
Did you find a solution?