Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Screen turns white and freezes

This is a discussion on Screen turns white and freezes within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I have an Acer Aspire 5736Z laptop with Windows 7 purchased in January of this year. My screen turns

Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

I have an Acer Aspire 5736Z laptop with Windows 7 purchased in January of this year.

My screen turns white and fuzzy and freezes frequently. On start up, the screen is almost completely white and beige. However, when I pick it up or tilt it back, it fixes itself for a while.

I have tried defragmenting my hard drive, disk cleanup, scanning for viruses, restarting it, and leaving it off for a while. Nothing works. If this makes a difference, I leave my battery out and run on AC power when I am at home.

Your help is appreciated!

Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Enthusiast

It's an internal wiring fault by the sounds of it, nothing to do with the operating system.
As it's only 9 months old it should still be covered by the maker's warranty. You shouldn't have to try and sort it out yourself. Return it.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks pip 22!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member

I also have an Acer that I just bought in Febuary.. mine has been doing the exact same thing!!