Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Samsung series 7 laptop problems

This is a discussion on Samsung series 7 laptop problems within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi , I bought Samsung series 7 laptop (15.6 inch , 1 Tera HD , model NP700Z5A-S04US ) 3 weeks

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi , I bought Samsung series 7 laptop (15.6 inch , 1 Tera HD , model NP700Z5A-S04US ) 3 weeks ago and since then I had a lot of problems which I don't know how to solve.

After couple of day the laptop couldn't boot any more and after turning on the computer the screen just flashed after the BIOS, I tried to use the recovery but it didn't work, I eventually manage to re install the windows from the recovery disk , Afterward I need to download and reinstall all the driver one by one(why the recovery disk doesn't support it)

Now since then I have these problems
1. After shutdown \ hibernate the laptop isn't turn of completely but go to some kind of sleep mode, in order to turn it on again I need to press the power button until it turn off , wait 5 seconds and then turn it on again.
2. After restart it doesn't remember the screen configuration (I'm connecting it to another display screen) and I need to re define it every time
3. The recovery doesn't work , I can't backup\use recovery.
Could you please help?
Maybe I need additional drivers?

Thanks,

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

This is the Samsong support site Samsung

Enter your model number that is found on the underside of the laptop then navigate through from there and you shouldd be able find the drivers for your laptop.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for you answer.
I installed all of Samsung drivers , Do you have any idea what else can cause these problems or how should I find more details about them?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Personally, given you've only had it a very short while, I would have taken it straight back to where I bought it or if it was an online purchase, contacted Samsong Tech Support, as there seems to have been something wrong with the original install and sought their advice.

You shouldn't have to be chewing on like this with a brand new computer.