Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Samsung Netbook won't boot

This is a discussion on Samsung Netbook won't boot within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey there, I'm having a bit of a problem (well that's an understatement) with my Samsung NF110 netbook, and I

Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey there,

I'm having a bit of a problem (well that's an understatement) with my Samsung NF110 netbook, and I think it may be down to a power surge.

I was using it while charging the battery through the mains, without realising there was a thunderstorm outside (maybe a few miles away - the room was loud and the curtains were closed!). Anyway, the computer suddenly made a 'click' sound then shut off. Trying to turn it back on lead to no success, apart from one attempt which reached the 'boot in safe mode' option screen - at which point it shut off again.

Any attempt to turn it on now (with the charger,without the charger and plugged in with no battery) gives the same result - power button and power led light up, but the strength of the light flickers strong/weak, and after about 30s it usually shuts down.

Now I'm guessing this is probably due to the lightning, and the fact that I'm in Cambodia at the moment, so the power supply is inconsistent at times (yet nothing else in the room, tv, lights etc were affected)

Any ideas of how to solve this or is the computer fried? Have a few months of photos on that I haven't got round to backing up......!

Many thanks for any advice

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't Boot Computer (Media Test Failure) - URGENT!
Yesterday while watching an online baseball stream and simultaneously browsing facebook, my computer randomly gave me an error message. Unfortunately I don't remember what the message was about. What I do remember is that I immediately opened a new firefox tab and searched up the error. I ...
es0terik Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 07-15-2011 09:12 PM
Failed attempt to set up dual boot - BIOS issue?
Hi. As I say in the title, I was attempting to install dual boot on my laptop (Meego & XP) but unfortunately, I seem to have done something wrong. If you could help me solve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated :) Allow me to explain, as best I understand it, what I have done and what the...
Lucas Tiridath Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 05-26-2011 09:58 PM
My netbook wont boot up
I got this new Sony Vaio and for some reason it wont boot. It hangs after logo screen, Black screen. I can get into bios fine, I tryed repairing windows with a usb drive. Its windows 7 Starter. any ideas?
Timman Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 14 04-09-2011 03:02 PM
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 06:47 AM
XXCLONE the easy world of boot drive cloning
Welcome to the kindergarten easy world of boot drive cloning. :wave: This project will demonstrate how to make an exact bootable clone (copy) of your existing hard drive. After the cloning process is complete, you may select which ever drive you want to boot from in the future. You shall...
linderman Hard Drive Support 0 12-26-2006 04:59 PM