Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Restored XP laptop now it has issues.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
Laptop, HP Pavillion DV9000

Someone restored this laptop to factory setting. Now nothing works. At first I thought it was just an authentication issue, because it was saying it hadn't been authenticated. So I used Microsofts phone authentication thing, done that a few times on a few custom builds, no big. Handed the laptop back.

Got it right back, being told nothing works.

First, I tried to get the internet going. Explaining what I did there is a bit complicated so I'm going to skip it unless requested for more information.

Next, I tested the DVD player. It says a compatible DVD decoder is not installed.

So I tried doing a restore myself to make sure it was done correctly. Wouldn't let me, said start.exe was missing from the restore.

I tried spamming the f2, f8, f10, f11 key on boot up. My best result was Directory Services Restore Mode, which ends up resulting in booting to safe mode. So, I don't know how the heck the restore was done, I have a feeling it may have been a format.

Please help!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, great idea. I should have known to go there. I am currently downloading drivers from the hp website to put on a flash drive and get them into the laptop. Unless that's the wrong thing to do. I will check back before I do.

The drivers with yellow ? are:

Base System Device
Base System Device
Base System Device
Coprocessor
Network Controller
Other PCI Bridge Device
SM Bus Controller
Unkown Device
Video Controller

Thanks, great help. I wish this website had a rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.