Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Resource conflict - pci on motherboard

This is a discussion on Resource conflict - pci on motherboard within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a Gateway MA3 laptop that boots up with the following error message. ERROR Resource Conflict PCI on

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have a Gateway MA3 laptop that boots up with the following error message.

ERROR
Resource Conflict PCI on motherboard
Bus:05, Device: 09, Function: 00
ERROR
Bus:05, Device: 09, Function: 01
ERROR
Bus:05, Device: 09, Function: 02

I can get into BIOS but I am unsure what to do from there.

If someone could please go step by step as to how to solve this I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS

Old 04-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

hi isatel,

what devices are attached to your laptop? if possible strip it down to its original components (no usb attached devices, no external drives, etc.). and see if you still get the error.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Shari,

All external items are disconnected and I still receive the same error message.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

where do you get the error (i.e. during POST, after Windows starts, etc.).? and does it boot until Windows signon or does it stop after the error?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerFinger View Post
where do you get the error (i.e. during POST, after Windows starts, etc.).? and does it boot until Windows signon or does it stop after the error?
The Gateway logo runs and then the error pops up right after. I cannot get to the Windows signon/loading/status screen.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatel View Post
The Gateway logo runs and then the error pops up right after. I cannot get to the Windows signon/loading/status screen.
-- smells like a motherboard failure. just to be sure, try to boot a linux live CD (i.e. Ubuntu) from your CD drive. i am hoping it is Windows that is causing this and not some failure on the mobo.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
btw, can you recall if you have or did you add anything to the laptop like a mini PCI wifi card? if you have one installed, try removing it for the mean time.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerFinger View Post
btw, can you recall if you have or did you add anything to the laptop like a mini PCI wifi card? if you have one installed, try removing it for the mean time.
I havent added anything to my laptop. I am going to have to have a family member download the software and burn it to a cd. Can you suggest the best free software to use to burn the program on to the cd but ensure that the computer will pick it up when booting?

Thanks again soooo much for your help!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
I havent added anything to my laptop. I am going to have to have a family member download the software and burn it to a cd. Can you suggest the best free software to use to burn the program on to the cd but ensure that the computer will pick it up when booting? -- some of us here use ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com)

Thanks again soooo much for your help!
-- just to be thorough and since you are at it ... d/load also Memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org) and burn the image to CD also. Boot from this Cd and diags will start to test your RAM.

Closed Thread