Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomly shutting down

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jbracicot 
#1 ·
Hello

My computer (HP sleekbook 15 b035el)has been shuting down at random times for a while now. It can happen minutes after boot or hours.

Sometimes it has trouble rebooting after one of this crashes as it shuts down instantly after i press the power button for multiple times.

I ran most hardware tests and found the HDD had to be replaced, i did that and problem was solved for a few weeks but then the issue represented itself, new hardware tests found no problems. :banghead:

Sometimes moving the laptop provokes the shutdown but sometimes it happens when perfectly still. Maybe some faulty connection / loose cable?

Event viewer gives a critical error "The system watchdog timer was triggered" event id :13 Origin: HAL.

I would like some help to track the problem and i can give more info if needed .

Operating system is windows 8.1 and is updated as all drivers and bios are.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

See less See more
#8 ·
Hello PAO3,

I am new to these forums and in the grand scheme of things, new to working on computers as well. So take this with a grain of salt.

I had the same thing happen on my Toshiba Satellite a started about 2 years ago and slowly got worse. For me the solution was tearing it apart and reapplying new thermal paste to the CPU's and Fans. After that, it has not shut down once. It was the overheating of the CPU's causing the computer to shut down to prevent damage. A way you can diagnose this is finding your temperature history.

This may not help you but it might be worth a shot before buying a new motherboard. $5 vs $150.

jbracicot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.