Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickplay buttons not working on an HP pavilion 9000

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Boatista24 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help, but I'm grateful for your looking.

I have a pavilion dv9042ea, whose motherboard failed with the recognised NVIDIA overheating problem. This necessitated a motherboard replacement, which as it was second hand ended up being a motherboard for a dv9385ea.

This works fine in most regards, though I had to update the BIOS and is now the F.2D latest version.

However the Quickplay panel doesn't work, though the lights light up fine. It makes no response to being touched, and in particular the volume part doesn't work. If the volume is muted in software, the loudspeaker light changes appropriately from blue to red, and blue again when un-muted. But it doesn't respond at all to being touched.

I am almost certain this is a software/driver problem, but have tried both versions of the Quicklaunch software, as well as the Connexant Audio driver (which one site suggested might be the problem).

I have also tried re-installing the original Vista OS and specific drivers, and a fresh install of W7 in the hope that it would pick up the correct drivers. Neither has worked.

Can anyone help with a solution for this?

(As an aside, the IR remote control also doesn't work, though I believe this will prove insoluble.)

Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi. This will also likely show up in device manager as an unknown device. The quick launch buttons are actually a USB device that requires drivers from HP's support site for your specific model. Download the driver pack and run it to setup the buttons and services. Once you have done that, everything will work, including the so-called quickplay for windows vista/7 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.