Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Presario F700 notebook wont boot up

This is a discussion on Presario F700 notebook wont boot up within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I see you have a sticky for this so i am working from that, trying to get down the list

Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

I see you have a sticky for this so i am working from that, trying to get down the list Here is my problem.

I am trying to help a friend out. He has a Presario F700 notebook, part#KC492UA#ABC, that is running win 7 ultimate retail. It has stopped working. When the notebook power supply is plugged in that blue light goes on and there is power to the notebook but there is nothing after that. I can hear the computer trying to boot, the fan is working and its a bit warm around that area, but i think that might be normal. I plugged in a known good external lcd but that didnt help. But there might be a key to press, like FN, to get an external monitor to work, i dont know in this case since its not my notebook. He doesnt even get the bios info, all he gets is a blank screen, so maybe an external monitor wouldnt work either?
Help would certainly be appreciated.

Thank You

Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi there are a great number of machines in the F700 series please see here Compaq Presario F700 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center you need the exact model number then you may be able to find the manuals which should have some info on wether there are a key combo ie FN F5 or F6

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Registered Member

thanks

I cant find any other model number except what i have posted. There is nothing else on the back except part number and serial number. Maybe i could get more info using the part or serial number.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi see the site here Compaq - Support for Presario notebooks and desktops.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Registered Member

thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

I should have pointed out that i get no beeps from this laptop when attempting to boot up.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi I would be looking at a possible failure with either the video,or ram to begin troubleshooting Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting