Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Pavilion dv2000 won't start

This is a discussion on Pavilion dv2000 won't start within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Guys, I hope you can help me. i have a hp pavilion dv2000 laptop I've had it since december2006

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi Guys,
I hope you can help me.

i have a hp pavilion dv2000 laptop I've had it since december2006 and i've never had any problems with it.
When i got the laptop it had windows xp but it is vista capable so last july i upgraded and everything was fine. The only problem was the intergrated webcam didn't work(not a major problem).
I went on to the HP website and searched my problem about the webcam there was software i could download to make my webcam work and as it was a proper HP website I trusted the download. The dowload complete without a problem but when i went to install it my laptop froze and it hasn't turned on since(that was 2 weeks ago!!). It is not the power supply or battery as the power lights come on it just doesn't start up. I have since tried getting in contact with HP and I haven't been transfered from department to department. So you could say I am not happy with HP at the moment it was their download that has caused my laptop to shutdown and when I try speak to someone about it they keep transferring me, I eventually got a recorded message telling me to contact the HP website(which casused my problem in the first place!!) but the websire doesn't help me!

Please help!!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

hi CiaraDub,

am i correct to say that until now you are not able to use your laptop? problem is laptop hangs when powered ON? can you be more specific which part of boot up does the laptop hang/freeze?

EDIT 1:
sorry for misreading your post... so you say it does not boot at all? lights just come on. can you hear the fan spin, HDD spin or CD drive clicking? put a flashlight on the LCD and see if there is any activity behind (i am thinking of a backlight issue). also, hook it up to an external monitor and see if you got anything on screen.

EDIT 2:
also try booting without the battery (AC only) and vice-versa.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi,
I have been unable to use it at all. When i press the power button the power light comes on and you hear the fan but thats all. I tried putting in a disk and a usb memory stick, thew light flashes for a few second but thats it. I don't think it is a backlight problem as it is not starting at all. How do i hook it up to another monitor?

I have taken the battery out it doesn't change anything.

Can you give any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraDub View Post
Hi,
I have been unable to use it at all. When i press the power button the power light comes on and you hear the fan but thats all. I tried putting in a disk and a usb memory stick, thew light flashes for a few second but thats it. I don't think it is a backlight problem as it is not starting at all. -- i understand and may be you are correct, but how can you be sure if you cannot see anything on the screen?

How do i hook it up to another monitor? -- if you have an external monitor (the one you have on your PC desktop), plug the cable to the appropriate port in your laptop just like how you do it when you connect the monitor to your PC desktop.

I have taken the battery out it doesn't change anything.

Can you give any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
Registered Member

hi,
I just plug the monitor lead from the desktop computer i am using but still nothing happend.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraDub View Post
hi,
I just plug the monitor lead from the desktop computer i am using but still nothing happend.
Ok Ciara let's see where we are:

1. Original problem: No screen only LEDs come on at boot up.
2. Physically removed battery (running on AC adapter only)
3. DC jack detached/AC unplugged (running on battery only)
4. Tried with external monitor

So how are you with laptop disassembly (removal of HDD, reseat/removal of RAM, etc.)?

Closed Thread