Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

password prob for dell inspiron 1525

This is a discussion on password prob for dell inspiron 1525 within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi- I finally purchased my new laptop! I got a Dell Inspiron 1525. So I turned it on today and

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Hi-

I finally purchased my new laptop! I got a Dell Inspiron 1525. So I turned it on today and followed the instructions to begin using. I entered in username and password with hint question, etc. After that, when asked for password again it didn't accept it. I do not understand what has happened unless I've managed to type the silly password incorrectly while confirming? It gives the option of resetting password however you had to have backed that up previously with floppy or USP but I didn't realize that until now.

I read on the net I could press F8 during start up then put in safe mode and choose admin to reset password. Tried that. Only one prob, even admin requires a password! And since I'm the owner of this new laptop why don't I have that info somewhere? Would the store where I purchased it be able to help me? I do not see any toll free numbers for Dell on any of the provided papers with this laptop so am assuming should I decide to call them it would be rather costly given I'm overseas, so hoping to avoid that call if possible.

So can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to use my very expensive computer as I cannot use it without this password?? And I am not a theif trying to use someone else's pc, I've posted on your site before about wanting to purchase a new laptop so I hope you believe me and can help me or atleast point me to someone who can.

Thank you very much, Ann

Old 07-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

unfortunately we cannot help with password problems according to the rules. My suggestion would be to contact dell since it is a new computer and once they verify that you are the rightful owner, they will help you clear your password.