Hi, I have an ongoing problem.
My Hp Compaq Presario CQ60 is , to me, a huge waste of money.
Its fan runs on high no matter what and the CPU doesn't stop overheating.
- Cleaning all the dust and gunk out of the laptop
- Scanning it for Malware, Viruses and root-kits
- Ive formatted the hard drive and installed a clean version of Windows 7 (even XP)
- Ive upgraded the RAM to 4gb
- Running it without the battery
- Ive updated all the drivers
- Every other thing under the sun, what else is there to do?
But nothing seems to work. I always use it on a desk in a well ventilated area. Even when I'm not doing anything on it it seems to run on high the the fan noise is pissing me off, and the Laptop performance is pathetic.
Is it possible that there is water damage? I have no idea how but than again.
I do use a cheap charger i bought of Ebay but I dont see how that could affect how hot the Laptop is.
Here is some pictures of my model and the Specs:
Specs (according to CPU-Z/CPUID):
CPU: AMD Sempron SI-64
Socket: S1 (638)
Core Speed: 1050.1 MHz
Bus Speed: 200.0 MHz
Motherboard Manufacturer: Wistron (Never heard of it)
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
South Bridge: 1D075E
Memory:4096 MBytes DDR2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G, 256MBytes
Perf Level: default
It would be if anyone could help me fix this issue and the laptop has no warranty so that's not really an option.