Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

NVIDIA GeForce 7000m nForce 610M performace problem

This is a discussion on NVIDIA GeForce 7000m nForce 610M performace problem within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Im having problems with the performance of my Asus x80n notebook. Specs : AMD Turionx2 (dual-core) 1GB DDR2 ram GeForce

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Im having problems with the performance of my Asus x80n notebook.

Specs:
AMD Turionx2 (dual-core)
1GB DDR2 ram
GeForce 7000m nForce 610m GPU
Running on Windows XP MCE SP2

Problem:
I think the GPU isn't performing right. I tried playing Warcraft III, Need for Speed Underground2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted and it drags/lags BADLY with all the settings defaulted to LOW.
I dont think it should lag because on my desktop which only has 512mb ram with GeForce 5200 vid card, these games run pretty smoothly.

I just recently downgraded the thing from Vista to XP because i thought that it would fix this problem, but sadly it didnt

Old 01-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Laptops are not designed for gaming. Did you install the correct graphics drivers from the manufacturer for XP?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes, i downloaded the drivers directly from the Asus website and chose Windows XP from the list.
I also tried updating the driver from the Nvidia website, still no luck..

I know i shouldnt expect it to perform great on games since it really isnt designed for gaming, but these games are really old and they should run good even with this laptop.

I could compare its graphic performance to another laptop with 64 mb shared memory
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

It's best to use the drivers from the manufacturer's site for OEM units.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hey I'm new and I joined because I've been reading a lot on this topic and haven't found much either. HOWEVER I have found a driver that finally let me play my game without lag! Its the 156.55 driver..

Now the question is howcome in run,dxdiag it says i have 512 mb video memory and in gup-z read 256. It ran like crap with the nvidia driver and searched until i found the 156.55 driver. I want to also learn if theres a way to overclock it a LITTLE bit since my gup runs very cool.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billypwnz View Post
Hey I'm new and I joined because I've been reading a lot on this topic and haven't found much either. HOWEVER I have found a driver that finally let me play my game without lag! Its the 156.55 driver..

Now the question is howcome in run,dxdiag it says i have 512 mb video memory and in gup-z read 256. It ran like crap with the nvidia driver and searched until i found the 156.55 driver. I want to also learn if theres a way to overclock it a LITTLE bit since my gup runs very cool.
Sorry to correct myself, the BEST performing driver for 7000m is 101.29. the 156.55 is good also but was barely running my game. The 101 driver runs games i would've never expected! The down is it does make things run a little hotter. HOWEVER you need to open nvidia control panel, go to powermizer settings, and make sure powermizer power saver is on. My games still run with the power saving ON and keeps my laptop running 82c max. If yours is running much hotter you need to clean out the inside of ur laptop.