Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

New HP Pavilion dv6000 not connecting to internet through dial-up!

This is a discussion on New HP Pavilion dv6000 not connecting to internet through dial-up! within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just purchased a HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook. I've been trying to get it to connect to the internet for

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

I just purchased a HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook. I've been trying to get it to connect to the internet for three days now. I contacted my ISP (sympatico) and HP. I've done what was instructed to me by both and nothing has changed. When I select 'connect' it dials the number like a phone would and has a deadline type of noise before it rings and then say "Please hang up and try to call again, this is a recording." Yes, I have the jack in the right socket. I also get error message 678 saying that the remote computer is not responding. I have the right number because I can connect with my other computer (this one) which uses the same information I have on the notebook. Please tell me what is wrong! I'm so frustrated and I really don't want to have to return it. I need this laptop for school this year!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Enthusiast

From memory that indicates the password or logon name is incorrect. ( I know your going to say you know it's right, so please just check it) I've been in computer/ing for over 30 yrs and I made a Richard Cranium of myself a couple of months back when I kept misspelling enta as etna and you don't think the Help guy was impressed?)