Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

NC10 Battery Issue

This is a discussion on NC10 Battery Issue within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey I own a little Samsung NC10 that I got when I was at uni, was brilliant for doing work

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey

I own a little Samsung NC10 that I got when I was at uni, was brilliant for doing work and browsing while on long breaks.

Anyway I let my mother take it to work with her a few times and she brought it back home the other day and I tried loading it without the power so it was just on the battery. It didn't load.. So I assumed she had ran the battery down.

I tried charging it for a while and tried it again and it still didn't load on battery power, I entered the bios and went to the smart battery calibration and it doesn't have a charge level, neither does windows.

I assume this is a dead battery or something wrong with the contacts to the battery? :(

Old 05-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

Little update on this situation, It does sort of seem to be holding the charge now however it is still not displaying a battery level in the Bios.

I had it on charge since my first post, about an hour or so and then booted it into the bios and battery cali and it's staying on now.

Wonder if this is a matter of resetting the battery or computer some how?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer 8930g Battery Charging issue
I've recently gotten a replacement battery for my 8930g. When I put it in, however, Windows reads it as 0% available (plugged in, charging). When I unplug AC power, it runs on battery, and windows reads it as having 0% battery (which it obviously does not have). When I shut down on battery power,...
Hirorir Laptop Support 11 01-13-2012 05:02 PM
Gateway MT6707 Battery issue?
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. I am quite desperate and not too knowledgeable with computers but I try to fix an issue when my computer presents me with one. Unfortunately, this issue is causing me to rip my hair out. My Gateway Laptop model is MT6707 and bought it about 5...
Mickey87 Laptop Support 1 04-03-2011 01:18 AM
Battery issue
Anyone that can help me with this one I would really appreciate it. Bought ASUS U50F from best buy. had some issues with it, took it into best buy cause it was still under warranty, they ran diagnostics on it and could find anything wrong. Brought it home and now my battery icon blinks with a red...
techstudent36 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 6 03-09-2011 08:01 PM
Unsure about a battery life related issue
Hi guys, I've read over the "Caring for your notebook computer" thread at the top of this forum, and i'm aware that I should consume the whole battery of my laptop regularly, but with my recently purchased Dell XPS L501x, I have realised that it actually hibernates at ~4% battery life. Does this...
Alumian Laptop Support 7 01-24-2011 11:52 PM