Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My laptop won't read discs anymore!

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jgray69 
#1 ·
I own a Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook, had it for about 6 months. It's worked fine up until today, when I tried to burn a DVD data disc (which I've done many times before). I received an error message about halfway through the process, and when I tried to do a new disc, it wouldn't read the disc, it just makes the sounds the drive makes when there's a disc in it, but it doesn't register the disc. I've tried 3 different brands of writable dvds AND cds, and also other data dvds and regular off-the-shelf dvd movies. Nothing registers! Any suggestions, please? (Sorry if this is not the place to post this, I just couldn't find a forum that matched my problem!)

#3 ·
That was among the first things I tried; the drive just makes a noise like it's starting to spin, then dies, then starts again, then dies. It does that for awhile, then goes completely silent, no matter what kind of disk (DVD, CD, bootable, game, movie, etc.) I use. Also, when I go to "Computer", it's always labeled with the generic DVD drive name, and when I click on it, it says "Please insert a disc", and ejects the tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.