Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

My HP dv6 not waking up from sleep mode

This is a discussion on My HP dv6 not waking up from sleep mode within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My HP Pavillion dv6-1113us has gone into sleep mode and refuses to wake up. The screen is black, no activity

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

My HP Pavillion dv6-1113us has gone into sleep mode and refuses to wake up. The screen is black, no activity in the hard disk, all the LED lights above the keyboard (power button, volume control buttons, stop, play, FF, Rew buttons as well as the wi-fi signal light) are all lighted up, however the light above scroll ock and next to CAPS lock keep flashing, simultaneously.

I tried hard booting, it has not worked. I tried inserting a CD, could hear the CD drive working but nothing happened after that.

This problem had happened earlier when a technician took it and returned in working condition saying that he changed the graphic card. At that time it was running Vista. However, now it has Windows 7 Professional.

Don't know what to do now and would appreciate all help/suggestions to get it back - alive!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Perform the following steps:

-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still unsuccessful: Remember to remove battery and power before removing/installing components

-Remove the power and battery
-Remove the memory modules from the laptop
-Insert just the battery and attempt to start the laptop (you should receive beep error)
-Try inserting just one module of memory and test (swapping modules after each attempt)
-Remove the hard drive, optical drive and test. Do you get any display or message on the screen

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fan doesn't come back on after sleep mode
The title may be hard to interpret, but my problem with my TOSHIBA Satelite is that...Whenever I put the laptop into sleep mode, the Fan turns off. Normal, I guess. But when I open it up, everything seems fine and dandy until I get the error: There is a problem with the cooling system. Shut down...
Random Person Laptop Support 3 01-28-2012 12:43 PM
video card does not put monitor to sleep mode
Hope someone can help me resolve an issue between my video card and monitor. My operating system is a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and my video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti. My problem is that after my computer goes into sleep mode my monitor does not. I get the constant message that there is no...
lwakes Video Card Support 4 01-25-2012 04:43 PM
Computer makes whoosing sound after coming back from sleep mode
Hello! When my computer comes back from sleep mode, it intermitently makes a whooshing sound. Is this the drive spinning up? It only happens after coming back from sleep mode. If the computer never goes into sleep mode, the problem doesn't occur. Is this something serious or should I just live...
mickd3 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 11-21-2011 02:47 PM
[SOLVED] Stop windows from going into sleep mode
Windows XP Pro sp3 How do I prevent windows from going into sleep mode when no one is logged in? The Power Options in the Control Panel only affects the user that is logged in. I tried going into the registry and changing the power setting for the Default user (always on), but it is still going...
dmdombroski Windows XP Support 7 02-01-2011 08:51 AM
League of Legends monitor sleep mode issue
I recently bought a brand new EVGA Geforce GTX 570, and when ever I play a league of legends match, it seems like my monitors go into sleep mode. While playing my monitors will go into sleep mode. Recently the issue has gotten a lot worse, where it happens within the first 30 seconds of the game....
lanoth PC Gaming Support 1 01-12-2011 02:29 AM