Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

MY EMACHINES LAPTOP "PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING" NEED HELP

This is a discussion on MY EMACHINES LAPTOP "PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING" NEED HELP within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HEY ITS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE WELL I HAVE AN EMACHINES E627. I PLUG THE AC ADAPTER ON

Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Grin

HEY ITS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE WELL I HAVE AN EMACHINES E627. I PLUG THE AC ADAPTER ON BUT IT KEEPS ON SAYING 0% PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING. I BOUGHT SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF AC ADAPTER BUT STILL NOT WORKING PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WAT TO DO? THANKS

Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
GZ
Team Manager
- Hardware
- Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to GZ Send a message via Yahoo to GZ

Hello minashah09 and welcome to TSF,

Could you provide us with the full model number of your eMachines laptop?

Does the battery charge when plugged in but not turned on?

One thing you can try is to clean the batteries contacts using isopropyl alcohol. You can use Q-tips on the contacts in the laptops battery housing but you will need something a bit thinner to clean the batteries contacts. I like to use a bit of stiff felt.

Be sure not to soak the Q-tips or felt with alcohol. You only need to dampen it. Too much could allow the alcohol to seep into the battery and cause issues. Let the battery and computer completely dry before reconnecting.

Please be advised. If your thread is answered and there is no reply within 30 days the thread will be closed. If you need continued assistance after that, please PM myself or another staff member to have the thread opened. Thank you.
GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi. Thanx I found a solution. But I have another problem I bout a new replacement keyboard for my laptop. So I removed the old keyboard when I was replacing the new keyboard I broke the chip. There is a plastic behind the keyboard and it goes to a chip in the laptop i broke it now I don't know what to do please help me with my problem thank you........
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hello minashah09!
Which is solution for ''plugedd in, not charging'' ?
I have the same problem on my Emachines laptop.
You said '' I found a solution''.

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

Can you post here the solution for ''pluged in, not charging''?
Thank you!