Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

My display driver keeps crashing...

This is a discussion on My display driver keeps crashing... within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My ATI display driver keeps crashing, it does it every half an hour or so... it does it mostly when

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

My ATI display driver keeps crashing, it does it every half an hour or so... it does it mostly when i'm playing a game or on youtube. my whole laptop freezes for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, flickers and when it comes back i get a notification saying my display driver stopped responding. is there anything i can do to try and resolve this problem?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Check the laptop maker's website for a newer display driver

Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have, and it's definitely up to date

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audio Driver Installation Crashing Comp
I accidentally deleted my audio driver the other day. I run windows XP pro. The driver was an AC'97 Realtek. But now when i try to reinstall it, my comp crashes. The audio problem is very much affecting my gaming. Please help me fix it. -Dxdiag- ------------------...
Smattman22 Driver Support 2 02-02-2012 04:05 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 02:53 AM
[SOLVED] Yet Another Antivira Av Virus :(
so I've gotten this virus Antivira Av that will pop up and say that I'm under attack... obviously fake. right now I'm in safe mode as i can't open anything other than the internet without Antivira closing it out. I couldn't find a save button for the Gmer log, so if necessary i can run it again...
chuckles3 Resolved HJT Threads 22 03-05-2011 11:39 PM
computer freezes redirects to different sites on google
Please help. My computer has been running slow and many times when I upload a page it says it is not responding. The other issue is that when I do a search on google and click on the correct search,it directs me to another soliciting site. I have tried to run GMER both ways and it just will not...
lubo1 Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-21-2011 10:28 PM
XP PRO no start when I push start button
I have recently formatted my primary hard drive and reloaded XP Pro. I then had issues with it wanting to start from the CD at one point but after a few reboots a second format / reinstall and numerous windows updates it seems to be working fine with the exception of ... if I turn the machine off...
cmorejava Motherboards, Bios & CPU 8 01-29-2011 11:51 AM