Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

This is a discussion on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just would like to know what will happen if i disable the ACPI Compliant control method battery? will my

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

I just would like to know what will happen if i disable the ACPI Compliant control method battery? will my battery not work at that time? How can i prolong the life of my battery? by the way I am using an ACER 5601 AWLMi model..and i charge my battery even if it is not drained specially if i have a presentation. I don't know nor am I not sure if that will actually cause battery problems in the future...If i turn off the battery during a presentation will I just disable the ACPI control method and switch to ac power? what will happen if i remove the ac power with the acpi control method disabled? helllpppp....

Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TriggerFinger Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerFinger

According to this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa939594.aspx one of the effects is you will lose some configuration control for the battery. I am guessing but I think this means the Power Options parameters.
Closed Thread