Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo Y50-70 Webcam Problem

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  BIGBEARJEDI 
#1 ·
Webcam is recognized but doesn't work.
Installed latest drivers, tried almost everything i could find on the internet, but still it doesn't work. On Webcam Test - Test Your Webcam With Our Online Tool it show 0 FPS and the screen stays black.
It would be nice if someone could help.

#6 ·
It doesn't come with a native webcam software. Lenovo just gives you the driver for it. Also tried with skype and other programs as well. i also have to mention that some days ago i charged my GoPro from my laptop and after some time a message popped up saying i had overcharged my device or something. After rebooting my speakers didn't work, as well as my Webcam. Found a way though to fix the speakers problem, by doing a boot defragment. Before the fix, the sound and imaging devices showed some kind of error on the Device Manager (Error 39), but after the defrag it went back to normal.

#8 · (Edited)
This is a common problem with laptops. These are the most common 3 causes of this problem:

1) Virus/Malware attacked your Windows, and disable or corrupted your webcam driver.
2) Miscellaneous Windows corruption or instability keeping your webcam driver from working
3) Failed webcam hardware; webcam camera itself failed or the cable from the webcam to the Motherboard is faulty or disconnected.

Easy way to fix #1 & #2: using built in Windows SYSTEM RESTORE tool and "Rollback" your system to the last date when you remember your Webcam working. (this will not work further than 5 mos. back; so if you don't remember it working for at least 6 mos. SYSTEM RESTORE won't fix the problem.:nonono:

If SYSTEM RESTORE fails or is not an option due to the time that the problem occurred (webcam broke), you'll need to make sure ALL your personal data is backed up to external media and do a complete WINDOWS RESET or WINDOWS REINSTALLATION on that machine.

If both of those methods fails to resolve the problem; you'll need to test your hardware (RAM memory and Hard Drive). After any faulty hardware has been replaced, rerun the hardware tests until no errors are returned.:smile:

At this point, I'd suspect a broken camera or lead/connector issue from LCD panel to Motherboard. In either case, you'll have to disassemble the laptop and disassemble the LCD panel assembly completely to inspect for the problem damage. :ermm: If no problem appears with a broken lead/connector coming from webcam to Motherboard, it's most likely the camera itself that's broken and must be replaced. :cry:

Replace the camera, reconnect everything and retest. This should resolve the problem!:dance:

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.