Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Left clicker on mousepad not working too well...

This is a discussion on Left clicker on mousepad not working too well... within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a problem...It seems that the left clicker on the mousepad on my laptop doesn't work well. Like,

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I have a problem...It seems that the left clicker on the mousepad on my laptop doesn't work well. Like, sometimes if I click in certain spots it won't do anything, then if I move my finger over to another spot of the clicker, it works fine. It seems to vary sometimes. Also, it feels like it's a little more loose than the right clicker is. Like when I rub my finger over it, it moves much more than when I rub my finger over the right clicker. Does anyone know what the problem might be, or even any solutions? Thanks.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

Hi, and welcome to TSF!

It sounds like the button is loose. What model laptop is this?

Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello. :)

It's an acer Aspire 3690.

Thanks,
Old 08-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Try this: Put your finger in the middle of the button. Push down with increasing force, but DO NOT use too much! If you think its too much, it probably is. Just a little more than you normally use to click the button.

If it uses a standard connection to hold the button on place, it should snap or click back in place. This is the same for laptop keyboard keys.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
Registered Member

Been trying for about ten minutes or so, still no luck...:( Any other ideas?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Sorry. If that doesn't work my best suggestion would be to use an external mouse as much as possible. I would avoid using it because its only going to get worse.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatt View Post
Try this: Put your finger in the middle of the button. Push down with increasing force, but DO NOT use too much! If you think its too much, it probably is. Just a little more than you normally use to click the button.

If it uses a standard connection to hold the button on place, it should snap or click back in place. This is the same for laptop keyboard keys.
so I did this & it worked! thanks , I thought I was gonna have to send it in to get repaired. =( lol.