Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Laptop wont turn on ??? Or charge??

This is a discussion on Laptop wont turn on ??? Or charge?? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I own a gateway laptop M-2414u I was using it a while back and it turned off i thought

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I own a gateway laptop M-2414u
I was using it a while back and it turned off i thought it just died so i left it alone( it was late so i did not have a problem just leaving it like that at the time)
I stopped using it for a few days, but when i went back to turn it on nothing happened. I took out the battery and left the computer for a few minutes, when i put the battery back in and tried to charge it , the light of the cumputer that says to charge it only came on(red light).
The light to my charger turns on green but the computer does nothing, the red light is the only thing that it does, turn on.
What happened what can i do??

I live in arizona
Is there any great shop i can take it to, so they can check it or something.
Well besides best buy because i was just told to go there but it will be very expensive

Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Take the battery out and leave the power supply in. Start the computer. Your computer may not boot If you have a bad battery, If that fails, check the power input on the laptop, is it loose? If so, it may need to be re-soldered. Or you may have a bad power supply.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Vostro - Laptop will not charge
Hey, Recently my Dell Vostro 1400 laptop stopped charging the battery when the A/C adapter was plugged in. It will not turn on with just the A/C adapter in without the battery in the laptop. When the A/C adapter is plugged in, it will maintain the charge on the battery at whatever percentage it is...
tommay999 Laptop Support 13 02-19-2013 08:46 PM
laptop wont charge
My laptop wont charge I purchased my laptop in 2007 and about a year latter it wouldn't hold charge for very long. At first my battery would hold charge for a couple of hours and then after a year it would only hold charge for 30 min, and then it became very difficult to charge my laptop. I...
princess Laptop Support 4 04-06-2011 01:18 PM
My Laptop Won't Charge
I have a HP Laptop (Model: GW694AV) however it will no longer charge. When I plug the PSU into the Laptop, the laptop works fine but the battery does not charge and the second you remove the PSU the laptop cuts off straightaway. I do not know what the problem is or how to fix it. Power is...
WhyDelilah Laptop Support 3 02-18-2011 07:11 AM
HPDv6700 Laptop Will Not Turn On.
Hey, so one day i was working on my laptop and it shut off. Im like damn.. So i turned it back on and it booted up to the windows screen, then shut off again. I thought, hey it might be overheated, so why not just turn it off, and let it sit.. I let it sit for about a day, then i came...
vansguy247 Laptop Support 4 01-24-2011 09:23 AM
HP laptop won't turn on
Hi, I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1017nr and recently it stopped turning on. Here's what happened in the moments preceding its failure: I came back from the gym and I guess my laptop was still on and plugged in. It may have been on for several hours. The screen was black, and the laptop was...
jimmy714 Laptop Support 4 01-22-2011 12:06 PM