Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop wont charge or turn on

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GZ 
#1 ·
My asus laptop is only a year old, i dont use it for a few monthes then i plugge d it in, turned it on and like 10 minutes later it turns off, i turn it back on, it shuts off a couple minutes later, then i notice the charging light on the laptop is not on, so i unplug the charge from the computer and the wall and they plug the charger into the wall, the charger lights up and the when i plug the othe rend into my laptop the charger light goes off.

anyone have any idea? i was reading other stories about this and they said there was like i short in the motherboard so its pretty much dead, i really dont want to believe an expensive year old laptop just broke on me

#4 ·
Hello thegergzz and welcome to TSF,

It is possible the computer could be overheating within moments of turning it on, causing it to shut down, but your problem seems more like a power issue.

The issue could be with your charger itself, or with a short in the laptop that is causing the charger's protection circuit to activate.

Try removing the battery from the laptop and plugging the charger in. Does the light on the charger going out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.