Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

laptop sound problem, headphones working,built in speaker not working

This is a discussion on laptop sound problem, headphones working,built in speaker not working within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi,i am using a HP NX6115 laptop,suddenly i am getting no sound thru my laptop speakers,wateva format songs i use

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi,i am using a HP NX6115 laptop,suddenly i am getting no sound thru my laptop speakers,wateva format songs i use or wateva player,tho sound is perfect when connecting to an external sound output like headphone or external speakers....this problem has evolved suddenly,everything was perfect just b4..pls help

Old 12-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

Suprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfreaky View Post
hi,i am using a HP NX6115 laptop,suddenly i am getting no sound thru my laptop speakers,wateva format songs i use or wateva player,tho sound is perfect when connecting to an external sound output like headphone or external speakers....this problem has evolved suddenly,everything was perfect just b4..pls help
hi i am too having the same problem.
i am using HP T5500 laptop.i can hear sound in ma headphone.
problem in built-in speaker.Any one know the reason why HP product creating such problem !!

Thanks

Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

I had the same problem on my hp dv6000 for a while. Headphones would work just fine but the built-in speakers stopped working. At first i thought there was no way it was a sound card problem b/c if it was the sound card, neither the headphones or internal speakers would work... but i updated and reinstalled drivers anyway. no luck. Then i noticed the speakers would sometimes work for a second when i removed the headphone jack. I then knew it was a short in the jack connection or just a bad connector in the jack. Sooo, I just plugged in the headphone jack a bunch of times and after about 20 seconds the speakers were working just fine and i haven't had a problem since! Sounds crazy but it worked for me.
hope this helps :)
Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

hi, thanx man. this 1 really worked for me as well. i m using windows vista operating system in a dell vostro laptop. i think the root of all the problem is this o/s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
I had the same problem on my hp dv6000 for a while. Headphones would work just fine but the built-in speakers stopped working. At first i thought there was no way it was a sound card problem b/c if it was the sound card, neither the headphones or internal speakers would work... but i updated and reinstalled drivers anyway. no luck. Then i noticed the speakers would sometimes work for a second when i removed the headphone jack. I then knew it was a short in the jack connection or just a bad connector in the jack. Sooo, I just plugged in the headphone jack a bunch of times and after about 20 seconds the speakers were working just fine and i haven't had a problem since! Sounds crazy but it worked for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member

Had same problem and your solution worked for me. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thank you so much! This worked for me as well!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
differnet laptop same problem worked for me as well thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thanks a lot!! It also worked for me. I was wondering why speaker wasn't working, but after following your suggestion, it started working.

Laptop Model: Inspiron - 640m
Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Regards,
Rajib
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
Registered Member

Grin

I told my daughter she probably didn't have any sound after she had her headphones plugged in the other day. But try argue with a 7 year old. On he 10th attempt of taking out the headphones it worked just fine. Thanks so much.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I currently have a HP dv6310nr and running windows XP. All of sudden my internal laptop speakers stopped working, but my headphones still work, but at MINIMAL volume. I have it on maximum volume and it's still very low. I guess I have the same problem as everyone else presented, however my problem still persists when inserting and removing the headphones jack.

Any other suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Like Bizi said, it can't be the sound card because the headphones still work. Please, any advise will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
Registered Member

Cry

Dear bizi,

Your solution is really nice. But my problem is little different. I have a HP Laptop. I was watching movie at that time my cell phone rang. I first pause and later close the movie. Later when I finished my call and try to play that movie again. At that very moment I found there was no sound coming out from my speaker. Then I connected the head phone and found the sound is perfect.

Please help me.

Regards,

plagha

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Registered Member

I just wanted to say thank you sooo much... such a simple thing helped hahah seems like u helped alot of people :D
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Registered Member

Grin

WOW MAN!! This really works...thanks a lot!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Registered Member

Grin

Worked for me.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member

Grin

Quote:
This is incredible...the solution of unplugging and plugging back in many times worked!!!
Just when I was about to give up after the 30th time or so...I finally heard sound coming from my laptop speaker - just a glimpse but I kept on about 10 more times and it worked....Thank you so much for the simple solution! It was so irritating to be tethered to my laptop at work. Bizi, your simple solution posted 3 years ago has still helped us in 2011. Many many thanks to you!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
Registered Member

Thanks...
After 1 month without laptop speakers finally work...
The problem was the same, I can hear with an external device (headphones or speakers) but the laptop (HP Elitebook 8440) speakers didnt work...

I plugged the headphone jack maybe 25 times and work...

Same solution of 4 years ago...