Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Laptop screen won't turn on??

This is a discussion on Laptop screen won't turn on?? within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell studio laptop that's about 3 years old. It was working perfectly fine until a couple weeks

Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I have a Dell studio laptop that's about 3 years old. It was working perfectly fine until a couple weeks ago the screen started going blank randomly and now it turns on but the screen stays blank. It obviously doesn't have a warranty so I really need some suggestions on how to fix it. I love this laptop and it has everything I need on it. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

What model Studio?

Connect an monitor to the laptop and test.

If you get a display on the external monitor then you most likely have a problem

with the graphics (LVDS) cable, LCD, or the Backlight/Inverter (depending on screen type)

Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Its a studio 1535.

I hooked it up to a monitor and it worked. Is it going to be costly to fix?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Could be a couple of things depending on the screen type.

It could be a problem with the inverter, graphics (LVDS) cable or the LCD itself.

If you are comfortable working inside a laptop you can start by checking the graphics cable is seated and secured.

Check the cable for damage around the hinges.

If not comfortable then this may be a job better suited for a local repair shop.

Dell Studio 1535 Service Guide
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

I had the same problem , I have a 5 year old dell studio 1535 so I at some point of time faced all kind of problems

Now to your problem , I know I am late but it is for anyone who also have same problem where after pressing the power button system start running but lcd screen wont turn on

My solution was - One of its RAM gave up , and stopping motherboard to complete its power circut , so solution is remove 2 of its RAMs , and then plug only 1 Ram , press start and check if its work , if not then try the same ram on the other slot , If it dosn work then repeat the same process with 2nd RAM , hopefully it will start
Old 01-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware

@ sachinchauhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotmammaof3 View Post

I hooked it up to a monitor and it worked.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #7
Registered Member

is it showing white screen ?