Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

Laptop screen split into 3 sections

This is a discussion on Laptop screen split into 3 sections within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have the Toshiba Satellite C66OD-1GD

Never had this problem before but it started on Friday morning, pretty much just started and the only way I can fix this is just spam the reboot button multiple times and hope that it works.

I tried calling Toshiba about this but they wanted a lot of money, (£165)

This is my last resort to actually fix the problem, but hopefully someone can help me with this.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi welcome to TSF

if you hook it up to an external does it display correctly on it?. does movement of the screen make a differance? put some preasur on the outside of screen does it change the screen. could be the screen itself or possibly the cable.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Hi welcome to TSF

if you hook it up to an external does it display correctly on it?. does movement of the screen make a differance? put some preasur on the outside of screen does it change the screen. could be the screen itself or possibly the cable.
Haven't got a VGA cable yet to try out another screen. But when you say pressure on the outside of the screen what do you mean by that?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Squeeze the screen twist a little don't put a lot of preasure

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is online now   Reply With Quote